Affinity Online Help Is Here!
A complete online learning and reference tool
Affinity Help is a complete online help resource for Affinity Payroll and Affinity Self Service users.
Select Help > Help from the Affinity menu or press F1 to launch Affinity Help.
How to use
From the Affinity Help home page, simply click a tile to access the type of help you need:
Why online help?
Publishing online is the best way for us to deliver up-to-date, dynamic help to our customers. Bulky printed manuals are a thing of the past. Online help offers many benefits:
- No need to request the latest manual: Affinity Help is updated regularly.
- Lots of ways to find information: table of contents, index, search.
- Dynamic content: linked topics, pop-up glossary, embedded video.
- Content is comprehensive and consistent (one dedicated author).
- Content is aligned to software releases.
Types of help content: web help and video
Web help is like an e-book, providing in-depth information about Affinity features. This includes detailed screen overviews, scenarios and step-by-step ‘how-to’ procedures:
Short of time? Try watching a video from the e-Learning library. Great for staff training or a quick refresher:
Each web help contains a ‘how to use’ topic at the start which explains how to navigate web help and search for information.
Auto-Populate Key Employee Masterfile Fields Using the Position Controller
Administrator > Company Setup > Autofill Fields > AutoFill from Position
Automatically populates selected employee masterfile fields with information from linked position profiles. This saves time when you have multiple employees in the same position.
How to use
- Open any position profile and decide which of the following five position fields you want to auto-fill to employee masterfiles:
Allocate Employee Costs to Up to 99 Cost Centres
Main Menu > Payroll > Masterfiles > Allowances and Deductions
The Costs tab in the employee masterfile lets you allocate employee costs to up to five cost centres. If you need to allocate costs to more than five cost centres, informational codes give you this flexibility.
How to use
- First ensure that Cost Centre 1 – 5 fields in the employee masterfile are empty:
- From the menu select Main Menu > Payroll > Masterfiles > Allowances and Deductions. For each cost centre, create a new informational code using this exact format (it’s very important that you leave the Rate field blank):
Enter ZCCX% where X is 1, 2, 3… up to how many codes are needed. For example ZCC1% ZCC2% ZCC3%.
Enter a unique description of each record. For example:
- Cost Centre 1 Split (ZCC1%)
- Cost Centre 2 Split (ZCC2%)
- Cost Centre 3 Split (ZCC3%)
If you wanted to allocate employee costs to ten cost centres, you’ll need to create ten informational codes:
ZCC1% Cost Centre 1 Split (ZCC1%)
ZCC2% Cost Centre 2 Split (ZCC2%)
ZCC3% Cost Centre 3 Split (ZCC3%)
ZCC4% Cost Centre 4 Split (ZCC4%)
ZCC5% Cost Centre 5 Split (ZCC5%)
ZCC6% Cost Centre 6 Split (ZCC6%)
ZCC7% Cost Centre 7 Split (ZCC7%)
ZCC8% Cost Centre 8 Split (ZCC8%)
ZCC9% Cost Centre 9 Split (ZCC9%)
ZCC10% Cost Centre 10 Split (ZCC10%)
- Once all codes are created, assign them to the relevant employee masterfiles (in the Allowances/Deductions tab):
Select Edit then add the codes into the Regular Allowances and Deductions grid:
- From the Code lookup select the first code (e.g. ZCC1%).
- In the Rate field enter the percentage allocation to this cost centre.
- In the Comment field enter the cost centre to allocate the cost to.
- Repeat until all codes are entered. Once the Rate column adds up to 100%, save the masterfile.
Automatically Validate Addresses Entered into Clever Forms
Address validation is a recent enhancement to the Affinity Clever Forms Address element. When form users start typing in an address, the system auto-completes it.
How to set up
Automatic address validation is built into the Address form element. There is no extra setup required. All you need to do is drag and drop it into your form template when creating forms.
Pay Code of the Month
ALLBAL is an informational code that can be entered into timesheets and type 2 and 7 pay adjustments. It ensures that the full net payment is paid into the employee’s balance bank account, ignoring additional bank accounts recorded in the employee masterfile. Ideal for adjustments, back pays and other one-off payments.