View an Employee’s Estimated Available Leave
Introduction to Code Groups
Affinity > Payroll > Masterfiles > Code Groups
Code groups are lists of pay elements (pay codes, allowances and deductions and informational codes) that can be used in pay processing, either as a single calculation or to replace an existing function. Once created, the system either automatically detects their existence, or you can manually reference code groups within reports or from other parts of the system.
You can use code groups to:
- Reduce ordinary hours for salaried and auto-paid employees by the value of pay elements in the code group.
- Remove taxable pay elements from ‘gross payments’ for the purposes of Single Touch Payroll (STP) filing.
- Maintain lists of pay elements used for General Ledger and reporting so you don’t need to ask us to update them for you.
- Restrict the pay elements that can be used in Clever Timesheets so only certain ESS groups can use them.
- Bring together pay elements that can be used as a single calculation, using either the units or value attribute to add or subtract to the total.
There’s also a collection of built-in system code groups that perform specialised tasks that relate to pay elements. These become active only when you create a code group and give it a specific name. Examples:
- ADD2PAYCODES groups together taxable allowances that need to be treated in the same way as pay codes.
- AUTOCODES and AUTOREDORD contain pay elements that reduce ordinary hours for salaried and auto-paid employees who work over their standard hours.
- NOTADAY contains pay elements to exclude from being counted as a day worked.
Updating System Data
When you run an update via Affinity > Payroll > Processing > Update (Comms) all changes made in your Affinity system are sent to the processing engine, and any available standard reports are downloaded to your system. This process runs automatically after virtual pay processing and pay processing (you can also run it manually at any time).
When you run a file update via Affinity > Payroll > Processing > Download (Quick Comms) no data is sent from your system to the processing engine. Instead, any available standard reports are downloaded from the processing engine to your system. Like updates, this process can either be run manually or automatically as part of pay processing.
Pay Elements of the Month: LEAVEC, LEAVED, LEAVEE
These informational codes are automatically generated for each employee after pay processing. They report on each employee’s LEAVEC, LEAVED and LEAVEE values for a period. They’re used by companies to post their leave liability to a general ledger. They can also be used in either Query Manager or Payroll Analyst to report on employees’ LEAVEC, LEAVED and LEAVEE values for a selected time period.